Chocolate SliceButter, ½ cup
Sugar, ½ cup (caster sugar is best, but also works with white or raw sugar)
Egg, 1 large
Plain flour, 1 cup
Cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (reduce to 160 for fan-forced oven) and grease and line a slice tray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and beat well.
- Add the cocoa and flour and mix well.
- Spread mixture into the slice tray and flatten down.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes until the biscuit starts to leave the sides of the tray and feels cooked, but still soft to the touch on top. Remove immediately from oven.
- While hot, ice with chocolate icing (see below) and top with 100s and 1000s or rainbow sprinkles if desired.
- Once cooled cut into slices.
Basic Chocolate IcingIcing sugar, 1 cup
Butter, 1 tablespoon
Cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon
Boiling water, 1 tablespoon
Mix all ingredients together. If needed, add more boiling water to get a consistency of honey. This icing will set hard once it cools.